teisipäev, veebruar 19, 2008

Armida and Inge, two Salvation Army social workers




Captain Armida LaMarr quotes the following in her prayer e-mail: "social work is ministry and ministry is social work. When I look at you and what you do, it stirs something in my soul. When I finish school, do you think I could be an officer, so that I can combine social work and ministry in my work?"

Armida is a sessionmate and we were sent out as cadet-lieutenants together. She was our session chaplain and we had some good times together in the SFOT prayer room! Now she is the Director of Social Services for the SA in Kenya.
Inge Ojala was enrolled as a soldier one year ago yesterday! She has done social work in Estonia for many years, and is currently the director of the SA's Lootusemaja (Hope House) homeless day center and Tagasi Tööle (Back to Work) program. We also just asked her to be our the Recruiting Sergeant at our corps!
Please pray for both of these precious women today!
Evelyn

Universalis