esmaspäev, veebruar 11, 2008

my first time speaking in Estonian in public, almost 6 months ago







Here's a very funny series of pictures from 29 August 2007 at the Võru Corps in southern Estonia. You can see Andrus translating for Tim, as usual. Then you see me sending Andrus away, as I made the totally unexpected, and perhaps foolish, decision to speak in Estonian for the first time from the pulpit.
As of 1 January, I've been speaking only in Estonian while at the corps. I really thought yesterday's sermon was particularly bad! But I'm also realizing that it's the lives we live together, and not so much the lecture we give for 10 minutes on Sunday morning, that really makes a difference in someone's life.
Of course, that's no excuse for my laziness in studying and practicing, so please pray that I will be more vigilant in this regard!
Evelyn

2 Comments:

Blogger Marta Ager said...

You were so courageous stepping out to speak in a new language in public but a sermon? WoW! Blessings!

reede, veebruar 15, 2008 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Kapten Clark said...

Well, it's not exactly a "new" language as I've lived in Estonia since July 2004!

And this wasn't a sermon; I was giving my testimony.

But "courageous" is the right word, meaning I did it even though I was TERRIFIED (still am most of the time)!

laupäev, veebruar 16, 2008 10:02:00 AM  

Postita kommentaar

<< Home

Universalis