neljapäev, veebruar 21, 2008

a vision

I woke up in the middle of the night last night, and couldn't go back to sleep. So I prayed. I asked God to take the me-that-is-really-me in His hands. I pictured Jesus holding my heart in His hands, one cupped over the other, completely covering it. Then something surprising happened! It was as if my heart were a seed, which began sprouting! I was actually afraid to see what would happen, because I knew that once this plant really began to grow, there would be no more "seed" left! But I was also curious to see what kind of flower would bloom!

This morning I thought of this Scripture passage:
JN 12:24 I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

If a seed sits on the tabletop, nothing will happen to it. But if it is buried in the soil, and has water and sunshine, it will grow!

I feel that God wants to make a dramatic change in my life, completely transform me from a "seed" to ... something else! I don't know what! Please pray for me.

Evelyn

1 Comments:

Blogger The Wittenbergs in Rovaniemi Finland said...

I just saw your post...it has been a while. I just love your vision and thoughts. I know the feeling of both excitement and fear (the kind that we are suposed to have towards God and His ways). I continue to pray for you.

teisipäev, märts 04, 2008 11:40:00 PM  

Postita kommentaar

<< Home

Universalis