neljapäev, november 29, 2007

thanksgiving

I guess you might have noticed that I'm blogging a lot more now. We had a 28K connection for the month we were in America, so we're glad to be back in a civilized country now! ;-)

I feel compelled to list some of the things I'm thankful for, in no particular order!

PS 69:30 I will praise God's name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.


PS 95:2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.


PS 147:7 Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
make music to our God....


PHP 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1TI 2:1 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone....

I am thankful:

  • that none of us got sick the whole time we were in America
  • that Peter didn't get sick until we were already home in Estonia (no puking on the plane!), and that it only last 24 hours
  • for all of the men who have had an influence on my life
  • for Andrus, Sirje, and everyone else who ran things while we were away
  • that "we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2:1-2)
  • for USA East and all the support they give us, especially the Moretzes & Major Mansilla
  • for all of the retired officers and soldiers in Asbury Park and OOB and elsewhere who pray for us
  • for Mary Davis in particular, who prays for us at 6 a.m. every day!
  • for so many who "excel in this grace of giving" (2 Corinthians 8:2-7)
  • for a husband who takes good care of me
  • for my (usual!) ability to fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow -- my current jet lag makes me grateful that this sleeplessness is not typical for me
  • for people who have written such beautiful songs, and for Siiri who has chosen really beautiful Advent songs for our Songster brigade
  • that we were safe in all of our travels
  • that I get to live in this beautiful country
  • for the way the snow sticks to the trees
  • for a warm coat, warm boots, and warm car (thank you, USA East Home League!)
  • for fellow Salvationists' blogs and Facebook profiles
  • that we don't have to sin
  • that Tim's whole family was together for Thanksgiving
  • for three beautiful children
  • that Chris achieved his SAT score goal, and was accepted to Houghton College!
  • that Houghton College is so welcoming to Wesleyans, homeschoolers, and MKs
  • that we have so many beloved friends and family that we couldn't even visit them all in a month (imagine that we had 1 friend and 2 family members, and we could see them all in one day!)
  • for a lovely apartment that I don't have to worry about being evicted from
  • for time spent with family and precious friends
  • for the warm reception we've received upon returning home to Estonia
  • that I didn't completely forget the Estonian language in a month!
  • for people who pray for us even though they've never actually met us
  • for peppermint tea
  • for you if you've read this far!

Evelyn

Universalis