pühapäev, november 25, 2007

birthday gifts for baby Jesus

So, we're frantically packing and getting ready to fly home tomorrow!

It's hard saying good-bye to friends and family and familiar things/places. But I don't want to bitter about the wonderful opportunity we have to live and serve in Estonia for another 3 years.

So I've decided that whenever something pops up that seems like a "sacrifice" (some really are great; some are so trivial I would blush if you knew them), I will offer them up to Jesus as a birthday present for Him this Christmas!

It's hard that I didn't see my brother Bobby, my niece Christina, and my cousin Debbie this trip. It's hard that we didn't make it to Old Orchard Beach (so many folks at that corps I'd love to see!) or Pennsylvania or ...

We are quite homesick for Estonia, and really look forward to being in our own home and with our own corps people!

So, please pray for us as we travel (Mon. 26 Nov. at 4:50 p.m. until Tues. 27 Nov. at 7:30 a.m. NY time). We have a five-hour layover in Amsterdam and will be quite exhausted!

If you're in Estonia, PLEASE meet us at the airport on Tues. 27 Nov. at 14:30!!!!!!!!!!

Universalis