reede, märts 23, 2007

"how much like God can we be?"

from http://www.armybarmy.com/blog.html
From Catherine Booth:
"It must be self-evident... that the most important question that can possibly occupy the mind of man is how much like God can we be? How near to God can we come on earth prepatory to our being perfectly like Him, and living, as it were, in His very heart for ever and ever in heaven?"
Blog away, you bloggers.

A friend wrote me this, and while I appreciate it more than words can say, it's an interesting way that God is using to bring me to repentance!
"Ev, the reason I am writing is because I want you to be encouraged by something. I think you are probably the most Christ-like of anyone I have ever met. Do you feel the kisses and hugs from Jesus? Because I am certain they are coming your way by the trainload."

Only God knows how truly NOT Christ-like I am!! This Sunday I will preach on the 8th Doctrine: "We believe that we are justified by grace...." How true! The justification is a gift. The grace is a gift. The faith is a gift. The assurance is a gift. And any Christ-likeness that there may be is a gift. Undeserved. Unmerited. Amazing!

Evelyn

Universalis