laupäev, september 19, 2015

First teen night!

We had our first teen night at the corps last night, with 9 kids in attendance! We were so happy, because we weren't sure if we would have anyone show up. The theme was balloons, and we did many different games with balloons, which was lots of fun. We planned on going for an hour, but one mother wasn't coming to pick up her son until 9:00, so we went for two instead! When I went through my list of games, the kids came up with their own, which made for a wonderful interactive evening. It was an interesting mix of Estonian, Russian and English languages, but the kids all pitched in when they understood something in one language to help others understand, which drew us all together. And several of the younger kids were proud to show their English language skills in particular. We are so grateful to God for His provision and pray that He will continue to bless His work here at the corps!--Tim

Teen work is more of Tim Clark's thing and I was mainly serving as translator (ha ha! yes, you can laugh! but it was my role -- he would speak in English then I in Estonian then 17-year-old Robert would say it again in Russian) and snack coordinator. But at the tram stop I was able to minister to "my" people as well. A man fell off the bench and hit the side of the shelter pretty hard, then stayed on the ground (he was pretty drunk). I ran over to see if we should call an ambulance. Robert came over to tell me not to (memories of Chris Clark at age 17 protecting his mama). Then I remembered the leftover pirukad at the corps, and asked Tim to run back and get them. He did (literally running, wonderful man that he is!) and I was able to share them with everyone on (and next to!) the bench, and invite them all to church on Sunday. I was also able -- eventually! -- to get the man, with another's help, at least off the ground and onto the bench. And we didn't even miss our tram to take Lena Anna Kotrikadze home to Kadriorg!--Evelyn










Universalis