esmaspäev, september 08, 2008

from Alberta's blog!

an excerpt from http://www.xanga.com/bertisinsideout

A group of people we spent most of the summer with is people close to our age, and the officers of the Tallin-Kopli corps. We had two translators, we got to know them well and I would say one of our biggest ministry impacts would be on the 2 translators and a few of the other teens at the corps. We even received a praise report of one of the guys we hung out with Got saved a few weeks after we left.
We led this week at camp for the teens/young adults similar to the youth holiness advance. It was a great week. I think it was very refueling for us as much as it was for the delegates. We did evening programs, which were fun and silly and good times, but the days were intense and busy. I led and co-led a few session thingies like pray the bible, worship, and small groups, it was cool. It was a great spiritually intense week. My favorite thing was the Sunday after the week there were a few testimonies in the holiness meeting, and Evelyn our translator gave one, and she had such honesty about how her first thoughts and attitude about it were bad, and then she ended up learning a lot and understanding stuff better, I was soo excited to hear her speaking, it was great! We also sang the song “You are Holy” a lot that week, and we found out how one of the girls has that as her msn status, and that was cool finding out how that song left a impact on her.
We ran the meetings wherever we were, did a few open airs, and worked hard at spreading the word about the Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is still not well known in Estonia like in America. We cleaned a lot, like camp, the corps, a nunnery, different things. Some of the team put together a prayer room for the corps. Estonia is very beautiful, and God has more in store for the people of Estonia. I pray that more people would come to know Jesus, and be filled with his hope, and filled with Joy. Estonia is really in need of more Joy.
There is so much more I could tell about Estonia, it is something I probably will not stop talking about. So ask and I can tell you all more and more! Estonia has my heart and I will never forget my time there.

Universalis