kolmapäev, september 03, 2008

pleasantly surprised ... good Kingdom signs ... authentic Christians

from http://armyrenewal.blogspot.com/

Last Sunday morning I visited our local Roman Catholic Church....

I'd no idea of what to expect, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised....

My heart was strangely warmed to see so many young adults flock to church.... I am still not [convinced about much of the Roman Church], but my experience of the Sacred Heart ... Roman Catholic Church is that there are some good kingdom signs here.

The service was Christ centred, the homily was biblical, the fellowship was warm and, to my joy, we prayed to the Father and not to any saints or to Mary. This was good. Also, there were many normal people here. I know for sure, from experience, that there are a good deal of nominal catholics, but here, I believe I spoke to several authentic Christians....

In the words of our local RC priest, 'God has his hand on [us].'

Universalis