esmaspäev, jaanuar 21, 2008

sharing as requested (please read)

http://www.fuller.edu/sis/resources/gibbsinst.asp

That same Jesus said to his followers, "As the Father has sent me, even so send I you." Paul was called by the Risen Christ to continue that mission. Indeed, it is hard to separate his conversion from his commissioning. He describes his missionary calling in that renowned passage in 1 Corinthians 9:19-22, which hits us with fresh force in Eugene Peterson's graphic paraphrase:
‘I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to reach a wide range of people: religious, non-religious, meticulous moralists, loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized. whoever. I don't take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ. but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I've become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did all this because of the Message. I didn't just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it.’

Universalis