teisipäev, august 08, 2006

frustration

I'm having one of those moments of frustration and I need to ask for prayer!

I have been to Tallinn University three or four times trying to sign up for Estonian classes. It is always "come back later" because someone is on vacation or out to lunch or whatever. It sounds like nothing when I write it down, but if you were here you would understand why I feel like crying.

It's always there in the background, a quiet buzz or hum that sometimes gets louder and downright annoying, this sense of frustration.

Perhaps it's why the SA makes it so difficult to get overseas in the first place. If you can get through that frustration, you're ready for anything!

It's always hard moving, even from city to city within America. But this move to Tallinn is taking away all my comfort zones all over again, all the places and people and routines I knew in Tartu. It's so hard having to re-learn where to grocery shop, where (and how!) to get my hair cut, how to pick up a package from UPS (don't get us started on that one!).

I've been feeling so tired and emotional all month, and I know it's just the grieving part of moving and perfectly normal.

Ma igatsen Tartu ja ma igatsen minu eesti keele tund seal. I miss Tartu and I miss my Estonian language class there. Understatement of the year! (I know some of those words should be in partitive, but I can't think of it right now!)

So. Could you please pray that I would get signed up for an Estonian class soon and without too much more hassle? It's wicked important. (I feel like a scuba diver who is underwater asking for prayer that his oxygen tank start working soon!)

I guess everyone thinks that my Estonian, as limited as it may be but still better than the other English speakers, just comes naturally. I NEED A CLASS! A good class!

Just in case you were wondering, that's what I need everybody to pray about today.

Thanks, friends!

A very teary Evelyn

1 Comments:

Blogger jsi said...

Oh Evelyn, the grief of moving - you are right and very perceptive to understand the basic instincts within yourself. Praying even as I type. Your day has to be better tomorrow, and you will find a group of people who have been waiting for you and no one else. The gift of anticipation brings about the beauty of seeing God's work in motion. Hold on with all you've got. And practice getting to the store without getting lost (I'm still doing that) and maybe your small acquaintances will spark a life changing forever friendship.
Enjoy your day and pass the kleenex.

neljapäev, august 10, 2006 10:33:00 PM  

Postita kommentaar

<< Home

Universalis