neljapäev, august 17, 2006

Finland, Finland, Finland (not the Monty Python song)

We are stuck in Helsinki.

This explains why:
http://chrischronicles.blogspot.com/2006/08/passport-nah-who-needs-one-of-those-me.html

I've been full of major panic since Chris called (and called and called and called) in the middle of the night (technically early morning Wed.).

I've barely slept in three nights.

But knowing that someone, somewhere, is out there praying for us has really helped.

So, like, don't rob my house! And spread the word to our office staff (Riina and Elle right now) that we ain't there!

We were supposed to be back in Estonia on Wed. afternoon after spending just one night in Helsinki. Now we won't be back till almost midnight Sat., so if we looked tired on Sunday morning it's because WE WILL BE!

Don't forget that Sun. is Re-independence Day in Estonia. MU KODUMAA, MU ISAMAA!

We're freaked out by Finnish prices and pretty much everything Finnish. VERY homesick for Estonia.

My panic has finally settled down to my normal level ("you're making me nervous!!!"). I think seeing Chris's new flight plans that my wonderful sister Mary-Kay sent is what did it for me.

Okay, 4 minutes left at the Internet Cafe here in the basement of Stockmann in Helsinki. Make that 3!

Keep praying!
Evelyn

Universalis