esmaspäev, mai 25, 2009

"they need to see Jesus in action"

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/may/30.52.html

In response to this, my friend wrote:
"This was a great article, Evelyn. I agree wholeheartedly in the premise of housing first - then change.
"We so often come to others to help them with an agenda - evangelism. And while we do want others to meet Jesus and love him like we do, we miss the point. They need to see Jesus in action, through us, before they'll hear us. No agenda - just the ministry of compassion. That's when true ministry begins. That's when true change in a person's heart can take place."
Major Kathie Chiu
The Salvation Army
The Caring Place Ministries
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada

All I could say was, "Wow!" We often get asked this question -- why we do what we do -- and I hope I answer half as well as Kathie did! This really sums it all up perfectly.

Evelyn

Universalis