neljapäev, november 06, 2008

friendship gives a glimpse of the kind of love that Christ has for us

“You and I are separated by a great distance, but I appreciate your friendship. And I don’t see you as often as I would like to. I would rather be just sitting here … and just talking to you, but I know, in our friendship, that there’s great love there. And I can make a list of people around the world that, by God’s mercy, I’ve become friends with. But we’re separated in distance. See, there’s that distinction. I know that those friends would be there for me, and I’m there for you, because of our friendship. And that’s an analogy of this love of Christ…. All my best friends are way away; they’re all separated by miles from me…. We’ll be separated by distance, but I know that that friendship is real. And I can be affirmed by that friendship, knowing that even though we’re separated by distance, in reality I’m uplifted by the love of that friendship…. There’s such great value in that. And if you can realize and appreciate that friendship, and what that means and how strong that should be, then you can get a glimpse of the kind of love that Christ has for us.”

Marcus Grodi,
speaking with Dr. Thomas Howard
about Romans 8:35-39,
on the October 29th, 2008,
“Deep in Scripture” radio program

Universalis