esmaspäev, oktoober 27, 2008

generations

I've always thought of myself as a 3rd-generation Salvationist, and so I am -- on my grandfather's side. But on my grandmother's side, apparently, I'm a 4th-gen. Sal. Huh. Who'da thunk it?

So does this increase my pedigree somehow? Does it matter?

I did find it cool to watch a video we made of my mother before she died. My sister Mary-Kay interviewed her about family history a little bit. Her mother (AND grandmother!) came to the Army from the Congregational Church -- a bit of church-hopping inspired by a moving prayer a SA officer prayed at an ecumenical tent meeting. Her father came to the SA through the Open-Air, a lost and lonely drunk who had just found out his mother had died and didn't even have money to go home to Canada for the funeral. The Army showed him love and compassion ... and here we are!

Don't underestimate what you do and say today, friends. It could literally impact generations yet unseen!

Evelyn

Universalis