laupäev, august 09, 2008

"the most evangelical"

As we drive to Riga today, I can't help buy be thinking of Major Evie Diaz, a USA Central officer who used to live there.

from http://evielatvia.blogspot.com/
"A couple weeks ago I went with my cousin to her northside church, St. Alphonsus the Rock Catholic Church.... Wow, I was amazed. First, the gospel singing was strong, musical and moving. Connie and her husband are in the choir. It's a multiethnic, spirit-filled group. I loved it! This was the most evangelical service I'd been to in a long time. The priest challenged his congregation (and me) to have a sense of urgency about sharing the gospel message. He preached on the parable of the weeds and said the hope for the weeds was in us. He finished by acknowleding that he preaches on this topic frequently"

Universalis