reede, jaanuar 25, 2008

mis oma amet on?


2TI 2:1 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. 3 Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs--he wants to please his commanding officer.

Yesterday in NELK (women's ministries), the theme was "Whistle While You Work" and we went around the table talking about our jobs. Sometimes I'm "in the groove" for speaking Estonian, and sometimes I'm not, and I felt like yesterday I wasn't! There were also guests visiting (not regular corps people), and that always makes me more nervous.

Anyway, how could I say what I do as an officer? Even in English, it would be hard to do in a minute or so.

So I started wondering what Scripture would consider my job to be:
1. Be strong in grace
2. Speak in the presence of many witnesses
3. Teach others
4. Endure hardship
5. Please the C.O. (GOD!)

I wonder how God would score me in a Performance Review?

Evelyn

Universalis