reede, aprill 20, 2007

beautiful poetry

Psalm 32
Of David. A maskil.
PS 32:1 Blessed is he
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
PS 32:2 Blessed is the man
whose sin the LORD does not count against him
and in whose spirit is no deceit.
PS 32:3 When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
PS 32:4 For day and night
your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Selah
PS 32:5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess
my transgressions to the LORD"--
and you forgave
the guilt of my sin.
Selah
PS 32:6 Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you
while you may be found;
surely when the mighty waters rise,
they will not reach him.
PS 32:7 You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Selah

Universalis