esmaspäev, veebruar 26, 2007

"Turned Up"

I have read that some Catholics have had a religious experience that included the scent of roses.

I think that in the SA, we have a bit of a different scent most times!

http://armyrenewal.blogspot.com/2007/01/turned-up.html

Jesus-in-the-distressing-disguise-of-the-poor "turned up" at our corps yesterday too, and had his coat stolen! This man was so patient in the face of this problem. His passport was even inside his coat pocket! We got him a coat from our shop, I'm afraid not quite as warm as the coat he had originally. I had to light a candle for the Home League ladies who were offended by his smell.

When you turned up your nose at my smell, you did it unto me. God help us.

Evelyn

1 Comments:

Blogger jsi said...

A different scent - yes its true. And the divine power of the Holy Spirit has, for me, regularly transformed that stench of uncleanness into a floral perfume.
On my knees for others to be able to reach out to God for the same experience...I understand your candle lighting and your regret that their faith is stooped short bu the revulsion of an unclean smell.
Yet, I do feel as a hypocrite when in consideration for my young children. I ask them to please give these people room, to offer a drink or a sandwich (and then quickly to wash their hands) or have them fetch the clothes needed or extra coat as I remain with the person in question, not because they can find a better shirt or pants, but because I do not want my precious treasures hurt. Even without them having displayed any rationale for that judgement, I consider I will share the sandwich with them while I ask my young ones to serve the meal from behind the table, to replenish the water in the cofee pot.
It feels excessively careful, almost limiting, yet I do not feel criticized by my children or those whom we offer a cup of cold water or hot tea.

Your thoughts are deep today. Embrace and enjoy your day!

teisipäev, veebruar 27, 2007 5:13:00 PM  

Postita kommentaar

<< Home

Universalis