teisipäev, jaanuar 16, 2007

future (SASB)

Seeds now we are sowing, each day that we live,
That must to our future its character give;
When God sends his reapers, our gladness or woe
Will spring from the nature of seeds we now sow.
Richard Slater (1854-1939)

Take my undivided being.
Thou hast bought me with thy blood;
All my sins thou hast forgiven;
Let my future be for God.
William Baugh (1852-1942)

There's a city of the future
Which the Lord will surely build,
Where the hopes of all the ages
Shall with glory stand fulfilled;
And the master builder calleth;
Hands are wanted, hear him say,
Youthful hands to build my city;
Who will offer them today?
Will J. Brand (1889-1977)

Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown?
Jesus we know, and he is on the throne.
Edward Henry Bickersteth (1825-1906)

I'm in his hands, I'm in his hands;
Whate'er the future holdsI'm in his hands,
The days I cannot see
Have all been planned for me;
His way is best, you see;
I'm in his hands.
Stanley E. Ditmer

For the far future I cannot see,
Promise your presence, travel with me;
Sunshine or shadows? I cannot tell;
You know I love you, all will be well.
John Gowans

In hope that sends a shining ray
Far down the future's broadening way,
In peace that only thou canst give,
For thee, O Master, let me live.
Washington Gladden (1836-1918)

If in mercy thou wilt spare
Joys that yet are mine,
If on life serene and fair
Brighter rays may shine,
Let my glad heart, while it sings,
Rise by faith's exultant wings,
And, whate'er the future brings,
Glorify thy name.
Lawrence Tuttiett (1825-97)

Speed the cross through all the nations,
Speed the victories of love,
Preach the gospel of redemption
Wheresoever men may move;
Make the future in the present,
Strong of heart, toil on and sing
Walter John Mathams (1853-1931)

Don't assume that God will plan for you no more,
Don't assume that there's no future to explore;
For your life he'll re-design, the pattern be divine;
Don't think that your repentance he'll ignore.
John Gowans

Though by darkness my future is veiled,
Here's my all, for thy love has prevailed;
I no longer will doubt thee,
I know thou dost save me,
My life shall be wholly for thee.
Richard Slater (1854-1939)

Universalis