pühapäev, juuli 23, 2006

Chris finally blogged! (this is just an excerpt!)

http://www.chrischronicles.blogspot.com/

Believe it or not I'm...alive!! ahhh!!!

I've been at Battle School for what feels like an eternity and I'm loving it.

Anyway, I love battle school. I'm one of 4 other really cool Battle Schoolers.

Anyway, here at Battle School we have many odd terms, such as Air Force, Ground Force, and street combat. No, none of these things involve killing anyone. That would get us in tons of trouble. Air Force is prayer walking, dropping bombs of prayer from our spiritual bombers, yup, that's Air Force. Oh yeah, and what makes it cooler is we pray out loud so it can sometimes lead to street-combat-type encouters. And street combat, which is one of my personal favorites partly just 'cause of its awesome name. But also it's walking around and talking to random people on the street and praying for them. Which is wicked good fun; half the time you get cursed at and the other half you get someone thanking you. Both halves are equally fun. Then we also have Ground Force, which is basicly whatever manual labor our fearless leader (Johnathan Evans) has for us to do. We tore down wallpaper one time and scraped paint another and oh so many fun backbreaking things.

Then we also have Isaiah 61 verse 4, which is our theme verse or whatever. Because we're at the 614 Corps, and so I need to tell you what the verse says. "They will rebuild ancient ruins, repairing cities long ago destroyed. They will revive them, though they have been empty for many years." (Isaiah 61:4 NLT) So basicly we're here to rebuild the crud out of whatever gets in our way. Because we're living in the worst part of Canada, maybe even the worst part of North America, this is bad. Drugs everywhere, watch your step for needles. And the police are almost powerless. It sucks. But I love it.

That's one thing, if you're down here helping people, like with The Salvation Army, then you're safe, you've got buddies all over. I can't walk down Hastings without seeing a friend. And I'm not talking about other teenagers, I'm talking about my addict buddies. I love 'em to death. So yeah, that's what I do. And by the way, re:cr8 (prounounced like re create, as in to create again) is our little cafe we have Thursdays to Sundays where we have free coffee and tea and then juice and hot chocolate for a quarter. It's great. I absolutely love serving at re:cr8, something about walking up and saying "what would you like today, sir?" and having them crack up that I called them sir. "I'll have a double-double" okay, two sugar, two cream, add coffee, stir, and...presto! it's coffee time!

Now what else was there...ahh yes, Oppenheimer Park! The fortress of evil that we're tearing down stone by stone. Oppenheimer Park (or Needle Park as it's known by its resident addicts) we're down there 5 days a week executing Operation Restoration, we're trying to win this park for God. First we did a Jericho-style walk around the walls for seven days and then screamed. Which was wicked fun because everyone stared at us. And basically what we do there is incarnational ministry. In other words, we just be there. We pick up trash, play games, try to get kids to come because even the addicts are pretty respectful and won't do drugs around kids. And it's a park, it's supposed to be a place for kids to play. So we have loads of fun down at Oppenheimer Park. And I forgot to mention this, we also have...the War Room, it's our awesome 24/7 prayer room, we all take 3-hour shifts and pray. I love it. They have this huge rack of CDs with everything from Matt Redman to P.O.D. which rocks. So you can get down to some serious intercession in there. I really love it. And i always try to secure the 11pm-2am shift on Saturday 'cause that's 9-12 am on Sunday morning in Estonia. So my corps prays for me as I pray for them, it's a prayer party! And so if you want to pray for me and the rest of Battle School as we pray for you e-mail me any prayer request and I can put it on our prayer wall and get all of 614 praying for you and all that coolness. And my e-mail is chrisjohnclark@juno.com.

Universalis